Friday, July 3, 2009

Going Across the Pond

I shall be going across the pond for a month. In that time, I do not plan to maintain this blog. But fear not! I shall be back, like that half-human progressive android, Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

In the meantime, two or three parting observations:

1. Sarah Palin's resignation effectively takes her out of the running for the 2012 Republican nomination. Dare we proclaim the end of the Wild Witch of Wasila? Another casualty of the Republican undoing...

2. Someone recently accused me of elitism for despising Wal-Mart and fast-foods. There is a distinction between myself and elite snobs. The distinction is this: snobs despise Wal-Mart because of what its customers have done to it, while I despise Wal-Mart becaues of what it has done to its customers.

3. Does anyone else find the veneration of St. Michael the Dancer slightly appalling, especially that it involves the same people singing his praises who only weeks ago relished in his mental downfall?

Yours, &c,

No comments:

Post a Comment